Tuesday 12 January 2010

New Year

I'm a bit late to doing my new year post but hey I like to be different! I went back to work yesterday after a nice long 3 weeks Christmas holiday. As the students don't come back until next week it's very quiet and I couldn't think of anything I'd rather do for a few hours on a quiet afternoon at work than update my blog!

I am pleased with the progress of my challenges and felt that the number I got done last year was good. As this year I have the whole year I am expecting to complete a lot more. I already have a few in the pipeline.

The first task I will be starting on this year is the creative writing course. I signed up for one in the summer last year at a local college and that starts in two weeks time on a Tuesday evening. The course is writing children stories. I am looking forward to it although quite nervous as I haven't really done much writing before! It should be a good way to try it out though! It is only a short course of 8 weeks so it's not too big of a commitment if it turns out I'm rubbish or that I don't like it!

The second task that I have in the pipeline is to be in a TV audience. As I have already blogged I have free tickets to go and see the auditions for Britain's Got Talent in February. I'm hugely excited about that and can't wait! I just hope that I can actually get in as the tickets don't guarantee entry as they over ticket!

As well as those two things I also have the Edinburgh Festival booked for August. I have booked a hostel and got three friends who are wanting to come along so everything is set for that. All we need to do now is to book the flights up to Scotland to save the time spent on a train.

I'm sure that I will do some of the other things this year as well, such as go to Longleat, but they will be planned more in the short term. As for my monthly targets I'm not doing too badly. It looks like that I will be able to add another month to not using my credit card as I get some more money next week and I haven't had to use them so far this month. I'm behind on my swims by quite a bit and I have to admit that this weather isn't encouraging me to get undressed to jump in a pool! I may have to increase my swims in other months to reach the overall target. I haven't yet given to a charity this month but I have chosen which one I'm going to give to and will blog about that when I get round to doing it next week. The other target that I'm not doing well on is cleaning my car inside and out. I now find it hard to do the inside of it as I no longer have a drive way so I can't reach where I park my car with the hoover! I may decide to change that target to something else or I will just change it to car wash.

I am looking forward to another year and the exciting things that I can find to do!

2 comments:

  1. Great progress, and still with lots of enthusiasm.. good combination to keep the momentum up. The things you have in pipeline are all exciting things - I guess that is the beauty of this challenge is that a lot of them are things you really want to do.

    I think its perfectly sensible to adapt your challenges to your living situation ie, the car thing - if you can't get your hoover to the car, then how can you do it unless you pay extortionate sums at the car wash place? No point in doggedly sticking to something which is no longer realistic.

    I really hope you get into BGT coz I want to read your blog about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a fun filled year planned. Its always great to be injecting positivity and long held dreams/plans into our lives. I look forward to completing some of them with you!

    ReplyDelete