Thursday 16 July 2009

20 lengths

Don't worry I haven't forgotten about my challenge! I know I haven't posted at all much but this month has been a bit crazy and I've been away for a couple of weeks. I have however made a start on one of my challenges today. I have just been for my first swim of the challenge. The swimming pool is opposite my house and it was really nice to be able to just pick up a towel and go out of my door for a swim and then saunter back home again for a shower. I did 20 lengths which isn't a great deal as the pool is only 20m but it's a start. I could have done more but it's the boredom factor with me! I'll aim to do 25 lengths for my second swim this month. Unfortunately the swimming pool is closing throughout the summer so I will have to find somewhere else to go during August then I will have moved house by September so I guess I'm not going to have the ease of living opposite the pool anymore!

I'm pleased that I've put this as one of my challenges. I'm not very good at exercise because I just can't make myself do it very easily. Once I get there and I've started I'm fine it's just the act of getting of my butt! Having swimming twice a month on my list will hopefully be enough incentive to get me there. Who knows by the time I'm 30 I could be doing 200 lengths!

1 comment:

  1. Great news on the swimming hon. Don't forget kings school do a £10 membership and you can go to all four sessions a week, some including before and after work, so it would suit you. I am going to join it.

    ReplyDelete