Friday 31 July 2009

The End of the First Month

Well it's July 31st so the last day of the first month to my challenge. I think it's been a pretty good start to the challenge.

I did a couple of things today to complete my monthly targets as I got paid today and I'd run out of money to do them earlier! I went for a swim and done another 20 lengths and I also took my car to the car wash and cleaned the inside also.

The one task that I haven't managed to do this month and I will have to rethink is the no spend week. I found that actually getting this in is more difficult than I thought it would be mainly due to things such as weddings and birthdays which require money being spent! I will probably still keep it as a no spend week task but not have it as often as once a month. Just having one no spend week full stop is probably going to be a challenge enough!

I've enjoyed this past month thinking about this challenge and doing the tasks. It has made me think a lot more about where I am in life and what I want to get out of it. The swims have definitely been beneficial especially today as I had to really push myself to get out and do it. This month has been a little unusual in that I've been off from work sick throughout it so have had more time to do more things. I go back to work towards the end of next month and it will be interesting to see if that affects it at all.

Anyway all in all I am pleased with the tasks I have chosen and I'm looking forward to the next month ahead of me!

1 comment:

  1. Well done on getting everything done (re the NSDs could you set yourself a target of X number of NSDs a month rather than a week at a time?), fantastic news about the swimming as well!

    ReplyDelete