Sunday 19 July 2009

King of Comedy

Watched another film last night. I won't keep watching them as this pace because I'll have seen them in a couple of weeks at this rate! I went to a friend's last night and we watched King of Comedy which is an 80's Martin Scorcese film. It was quite slow but it got better as it went along. Me and my friend made the comment that older films often are slower than newer films. They don't necessarily as much action in and require more thinking. This isn't necessarily a bad thing. They are generally a lot shorter too. Both of the films I've seen now have been only an hour and a half long. I just went to see Harry Potter 6 which was nearly 3 hours long. I don't have a very long attention span so I like it when films are short. I don't know what the obsession is with film makers now wanting to make the longest film ever or something!

No comments:

Post a Comment