Sunday 16 August 2009

34 lengths, 7 events and a london show!

I've just been for my first swim of the month. I realised yesterday that it was nearly half way through the month and I hadn't yet been for a swim and this week i'm moving house and next week I'm going back to work so thought I'd better get started!

The swimming pool opposite me, as I said before, is closed for this month. I'm actually quite glad about that as I don't really like it and I have now found a nicer one. It is a gym and swimming complex in Southampton and it has a fun pool and then a lane swimming pool. The length of it is 25 metres which is 5 metres longer than the other one also. This morning I did a whole 34 lengths which is 14 lengths more than before and it is also an extra 5 metres per length. The pool had music playing which I really think helped. It's not so much the energy that I have the problem with but boredom and I didn't get bored at all this morning as I could just listen to the music. I think I will probably make it my regular pool.

I got the tickets through yesterday for the Cheltenham festival. My friend can't make is so I am going on my own. I'm looking forward to it and have booked the events I want to go to and I have the tickets so it's all going ahead now! I just have to make sure I can get the time off work now!! The people I'm going to be going to see are: Kate Atkinson, Alan Davies, Lisa See & Xinran, Jack Dee, Philippa Gregory, Al Murray, Patrick Gale and Marina Lewycka. I have chosen a good mixture of authors I like as well as comedians. It works out that I will have Thurs, Fri and Sat day times to go out and about exploring the area and then Sunday I have a session to go to in the morning, afternoon and evening.

I am going to London on Friday for the weekend with a friend of mine. She is doing 101 things in 1001 days and some of her tasks are in London and I said I'd go with her. I have got some Leisure Vouchers which can be spent on theatre tickets so on the Sat we are going to go the Tkts booth at Leicester Square and see what they have available for that evening. This will tick off my see a London show task which will be cool.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have found yourself a bit more motivation to go swimming now the pool you found is nice. You are steaming ahead with your tasks with the book festival and London show - well done. I hope you enjoy both London and Cheltenham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are powering away with this! Well done on the swimming and enjoy London!

    ReplyDelete