Friday 7 August 2009

Cheltenham Book Festival

The programme for the Cheltenham Book Festival, which is in October, came out this week. You can't book for any of the events until next week unless you're a member but I had a good look at it and decided which events I would like to go to. They've got some really good people there including a couple of comedians. I have found a few days in a row where there is at least one person I'd like to see so I have found a B&B and reserved a room there. I'll be going from a Thursday until the Sunday. I'm really excited about it all. I have invited someone from work to come along too and she is going to let me know next week. It'll be nice if she can come as it'll be more fun. We'd be able to make it into more of a girly weekend but even if she can't I'll still enjoy it. I've decided that as a single person I am going to have to become more brave about doing certain things on my own. I can't always rely on friends wanting to and being able to do the same things as me and if I want to do the things I enjoy I will have to do them on my own. In one way going to the festival alone will feel like a bit more of an adventure!!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds really cool! Well done and I hope it all goes well, with or without a companion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, trying new things on your own. It can be a bit scary, but i think you only get one chance at life and if you can't find someone else to do things with you then do it on your own if needs be, hence why i am doing the bird of prey day on my own.

    Knowing you, i know you will have a fantastic time regardless!

    ReplyDelete