Sunday 30 August 2009

Raising Arizona

Have just watched the third film from Channel 4's 50 films to see before you die lie. Raising Arizona is an 80's film with Nicholas Cage and Holly Hunter. It was funny and a good light film to watch on a Sunday evening.

I have been working on starting some other challenges on the list this week. I am planning to go away over Christmas this year. A friend of mine and her boyfriend is up for coming and it looks like it's going to happen. We are planning on Lanzarote where my friend has found a good deal. It is going to cost us about £300 each for our flights and accommodation. I'm really excited and it'll be so nice to have some winter sun. The temperature around that time of year is on average 17 - 20 c. We are going for a week from around 22nd December. It will be strange to not have a British Christmas but fun to do something different.

Another task that I have planned to start working on is to do a creative writing course. A college near me runs an 8 week course called writing Children's Stories. I have sent of the application form and it starts in January. I have had a Children's story in my head for such a long time and at one point did try to sit down and write it but I didn't get very far. It'll be interesting to do the course and see if it'll help with getting something down on paper! It didn't cost too much either as it is only a short course. After so many years of wanting to write a children's book it will be great to do something about it. I don't know if it'll end up with writing the book but at least I'll be able to say I've given it a go!

1 comment:

  1. Cor, you are doing well and planning ahead - sounds great. You can take it from someone who has now spent many a christmas away from home - it does feel weird, but it is nice, especially when you have friends and/or family with you. If you ever fancy another christmas away from home, give me a yell and I'll let you know if we have space at 'otel Baldwin! I might actually go home for christmas this year - but not sure yet.

    Good luck with your children's story. Apparently everyone has a book in them, so its good you are ready to release yours! In the words of Garfield the cat - 'I don't have a book in me, I have a whole library'... or something along those lines... Lol - although I am working on losing the weight, so hopefully it wont be a whole library for me. I also have a childrens book in my head, but for me the stumbling block is the illustrations - I have a clear idea about how the book should look, but no clue how to do it.

    Anyway chuck, I've rambled... good luck with the course and christmas, and well done for ticking off another film.

    ReplyDelete