Friday 2 October 2009

2 years to go!

Well September has been a slow month in terms of my challenge but this month has a few things to work on. Yesterday was my birthday so there is exactly two years left to go until the end of the challenge!

As I September has been slow. I have done all the monthly challenges I have set myself though so at least I'm still on track. This month I am going to Cheltenham book festival. That is in a couple of weeks left and I'm really looking forward to it. I had asked for money from my family for my birthday so that I can pay for a b and b in Cheltenham. I actually received a lot more money than I was expecting - mainly down to a relative (a rich one at that!) I wasn't expecting anything from! So I will now have enough money to pay for not jsut the b and b but all the others i may want to do in Cheltenham including buying food to eat while there! As it is a book festival and I have booked tickets to see lots of authors I should be able to get some autographs for my other task! There is also an author that I like, Sadie Jones, who is going to be in Winchester later this month so I am going to try and get a ticket to go and see her and I will be able to add her autograph I hope to get in my book by her to that task!

I have yet to make up my mind for the charity to give my donation to this month. There are a few ideas going on in my head at the moment so I think I will decide over the weekend before making that payment for October. I like that task because it is making me think about more than just the 'usual' charities. It's giving me chance to think about my interests and my values and how I can contribute to helping others within those 'fields'.

So although I haven't got anything exciting to say I've done in regards to the challenge I am feeling that I'm in a good place with it all at the moment. I'm feeling good and I'm definitely doing a lot more with my free time than just sitting in front of the tv or computer which means I'm getting out there and spending more time with others. I feel that I've been working hard but also playing hard and that's what I want my life to be about!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Well done for the good progress and I hope the Cheltenham festival is as good as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete