Friday 23 October 2009

My Reading Habits

Ok so this isn't totally connected to my challenge. In fact it's not connected at all but it's something I've just seen on another blog and liked it so thought I'd steal it and where else but my blog am I going to share it?! So here goes (my own answers obviously!):


Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?

I'm always a bit scared that I might get food on the book but I read during my lunch at work other than that I don't particularly have a reading snack. Chocolate and sweets are always good for snacking on in general!

Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you?

Completely horrifies me!!

How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears? Laying the book flat open?

Laying the book flat?! Dog-ears?! NO WAY!!! Bookmarks all the way! I HATE creasing the spines of my books. I don't open them fully even when I'm reading them so I don't break the spine!

Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?

Fiction, fiction, fiction.

Hard copy or audiobooks?

Hard copy. I view listening to books as cheating!

Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point?

I will try to read to the end of the chapter but I am happy to stop mid chapter if need be.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?

No, I can normally work out what it means by context.

What are you currently reading?

The Scent of the Night by Andrea Camilleri

What is the last book you bought?

I buy so many I can't remember the last ones I bought but recently have bought Something Might Happen by Julie Myerson.

Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time?

One book at a time.

Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?

I always read before I go to sleep at night in bed. In fact bed is my favourite place to read. If I want to read in the middle of the day I will go to bed to do so!

Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?

I'm not sure that I have a preference.

Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?

Patrick Gale and also "the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" just cos I love the name and it was a great book!

How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)

All in alphabetical order of course!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Alice - its good to learn a little bit more about you than before and now I know what I always suspected..... you are absolutely destined to be a librarian - no doubt about it.. and I hope it works out for you.

    I read in bed too...and don't snack for fear of hurting the book. Lol - anyone would think the books were ALIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, have to agree, that job would be perfect for you. you are such a book freak!!

    ReplyDelete