Sunday 8 November 2009

Cross Stitch

About 6 years ago I completed a cross stictch of a bright coloured cat. There is a series of 3 of them and I wanted to do all of them and then make them into cushions. It took me about a year to complete the first one and then I didn't start on the second one for a year or so after that. This is a picture of the completed one:



I haven't done any cross stitching in years. Unfortunately I found it easier to just sit on my butt chatting online in front of the tv instead of stitching. I used to really enjoy stitching and found it quite addictive! I enjoyed just sitting in front of a tv programme while working on a cross stitch. So I picked it back up again a few weeks ago. I have made some progress on the second cat one but still a long way to go. Hopefully having it as one of the tasks for this challenge will give me the motivation to keep going with it!

4 comments:

  1. Its a groovy design! I'd have them as cushions in my house any day! In fact, can you stitch me a set of 3 and I'll give you a few bob for them? Although perhaps the wait of 3 years might be a bit long? Lol... only kidding. I'm looking forward to seeing a photo of the next cat completed. I quite like cross stitching... where did you get these from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the designs from a cross stitch magazine quite a few years ago. I am happy to send you the designs once I've done them. The first one i've obviously done so remind me of your address as i think i've still got your old one and I'll post it to you. It is a bit crumpled and torn but it should be readable!! I really like these ones because of the bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very nice. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. alice, thanks for your kind words of encouragement! it's so nice to know that there others to cheer on and be cheered on by.

    i'm really impressed with this cross-stitching! maybe the key is finding a really, really addicting show that you can't tear yourself away from? ;)

    ReplyDelete