Monday 30 November 2009

Tis is the Season...


With December starting tomorrow I started making my Christmas cards at the weekend. I have some photos which I had taken back in March when it was snowy here which I am using. I went to a craft shop on Friday during my lunch break and had fun choosing cards and stickers and decorative paper. I've really enjoyed making them and if I may say so myself they've come out looking really good! I've made 15 so far so only about another 10 to go which I'll do over the next couple of days. I like to start sending them towards the end of the first week of December.

December is an exciting month for me with my holiday to look forward to. I can't wait to reach the warm sir and sunshine that is waiting for us in Lanzarote! Going on holiday over Christmas is one of my tasks that I included because it is something that I've wanted to do for a long time. It feels good to have one of the larger tasks coming up as it's something more exciting than swimming twice a month!

You may have noticed (prob not!) that one of my tasks has changed. Instead of having to pay off all my credit cards I have changed it to not using my cards for a month 12 times. Paying off my credit cards is not going to be achievable. My debt is larger than what is a sensible amount to try and pay off in that time scale but I do want something regarding the debt on here as it is something I do want to get on top of. I have now not used my cards for 2 months in a row (including Nov) and it feels good to not be increasing my debt for the first time in years. I now have another 10 months to not use them at some point over the next 22 months. If I don't use them for months than that it will be an even bigger bonus!!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooo, do we get a sneak preview of your cards on here? Post a picture! I was tempted to make my Christmas Cards this year, but have left it all too late and can't be arsed now... so maybe next year.

    I'm not surprised you are getting excited about Lanzarote... should be a lot of fun, and certainly a different christmas to what you are used to.

    Your idea about your debt challenge is a good one. Even though you would like to cancel your debt by the time you are 30, we don't live in an ideal world where all things are possible just because we say so. It shows you are thinking about the challenge and taking it seriously and realistically that you have adapted it slightly. I guess not addiing to your debt is the place to start anyway, so I think its a brill idea. I hope you don't find it too much of a strain without your flexible friend!

    ReplyDelete