Friday 6 November 2009

One step closer


I have an interview!!! I applied for the library assistant job going at the library in the university I work at and have now been asked to an interview. I am really excited but am trying desperately not to get my hopes up! I would absolutely love to get this job but I know that I can't count on getting it. I reckon that my chances are fairly high, and being an internal candidate can be a help, but there will be other people applying as qualified, as enthusiatic as me and probably with more experience than I have. I have little experience directly in the library but what I need to focus on in the interview is all the relevant experience I have by working in the university for nearly 3 years. I will be very disappointed if I don't get this job because it is something I really want and it will be a step towards my future librarian career but I also need to be realistic about it being the first library job I've properly applied for and the lack of library experience I have. If i don't get it it will be important for me not to let it get me down!

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck! Experience isn't always absolutely everything, so I hope it goes all ok for you. I guess you have to take everything a bit at a time and deal with the associated emotions as and when... but good luck with the interview. Let us know how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the job interview hon. Do your best and whatever happens, learn from the experience. If you do get it, fab, if not perhaps look at how you can increase your experience.

    ReplyDelete